The Commonwealth is a fundraising share program for anti-hunger organizations and programs to leverage The Walk for Hunger to fund their own anti-hunger work - 60/40 fundraising split!
The deadline to enroll for 2023 has passed, if you would like to enroll please reach out to Kellie at firstname.lastname@example.org
What is The Commonwealth?
The Commonwealth is a fundraising share program that invites Project Bread's anti-hunger partners to leverage The Walk for Hunger to directly raise funds for their own anti-hunger programs!
Massachusetts-based organizations and programs making healthy food more accessible and/or affordable to low-income residents are invited to participate in The Commonwealth.
By forming a single team for The Walk for Hunger to represent your organization or program, teams participating in The Commonwealth will retain 60% of the funds raised by their team, with the remaining 40% of funds raised applied to statewide solutions.
Join The Commonwealth
Organizations wishing to participate must first submit this enrollment form by April 15, 2023.
This is so Project Bread can verify your eligibility prior to forming a team. This review will take about a week from the time you submit the form.
After you submit the form, we will verify your eligibility. Once verified, you will receive an email from Project Bread welcoming you to The Commonwealth and inviting you to form your team.
After April 15, 2023 enrollment in The Commonwealth is on a case by case basis. If the deadline has passed and you would like to enroll, please reach out to Kellie at Kellie_Vehlies@projectbread.org.
Recruit Team members & Fundraise
- Download the social media toolkit for The Commonwealth to help you recruit and fundraise!
Who is Eligible?
Massachusetts-based organizations and programs making healthy food more accessible and/or affordable to low-income residents are invited to participate in The Commonwealth. Examples include but are not limited to:
- Food pantries
- Meal programs
- Free meal programs for kids
- School-based food pantries
- Backpack programs
- School gardens
- Multi-service center's food resource programs
- Food rescue
- Farm & garden programs
Use of Funds
Funds should be used by anti-hunger efforts only. This can include general operating for anti-hunger programs. Eligible use of funds: schools, health centers, etc... raising money for:
- On-site food pantries
- Backpack programs
- School gardens
- School meals equipment
- Summer Eats equipment
- Double-bucks programs at farmers markets, corner stores, etc.
Funding exemptions: Nutrition education and federally-reimbursable food costs.
1. The deadline to enroll for 2023 (April 15th) has passed, if you would like to enroll please reach out to Kellie at email@example.com
- If you have never created an account before, you will need to before accessing the form.
2. Project Bread will review your form to verify your eligibility. This will take about a week. Once accepted, you will be sent a "Welcome to The Commonwealth" email, with instructions on how to form your Team to represent your organization for The Walk for Hunger.
3. Once you have formed your Team, Project Bread will add "The Commonwealth" Badge to your Team's Fundraising Page to show you are participating.
3. Teams must reach a fundraising threshold of $500 to be eligible for the 60/40 split. Your team must reach this threshold by June 30, 2023. If you do not, what you have raised will support the statewide effort. If you reach this threshold, all the funds you raise by June 30, 2023 will be eligible for the split (including the first $500).
4. All donations must be received by Project Bread, by June 30, 2023. Donations received after this date will support the statewide effort and will not be eligible for the 60/40 split.
- Please write the name of the fundraiser and your team name in the memo line so it is correctly credited to your team member and counts towards your team fundraising total!
5. Funds eligible for the 60/40 split will be released to their organizations by September 30, 2023.
If you have questions or are in need of support, please contact Kellie Vehlies at firstname.lastname@example.org or 617-239-2548. We are here to help!