Holiday Fundraisers Toolkit
- Create a single fundraising page or start a fundraising team.
- Login and explore your Participant Center. Personalize your page by adding a picture and updating the message about why you created this fundraiser.
- Show your committment to supporting Project Bread by making the first donation to your fundraiser. You can do this on your fundraising page, just like a friend or family member would.
- This is done in your Participant Center.
- Login to your Participant Center, and click "Connect to Facebook" in the blue Facebook box. Follow the steps.
- Doing this creates a Facebook Fundraiser on your Facebook Account that is linked to your Project Bread Holiday Fundraiser.
- If someone donates to your Facebook Fundraiser, their donation will show up on your Project Bread Holiday Fundraising Page, count toward your fundraising goal, and the donor will show up your donor list in your Participant Center.
- Use the pre-written email templates in your Participant Center (under the email tab).
- Reshare your Facebook Fundraiser (made using the directions above) often. State how close you are to your goal. The closer you are to your goal, the more likely people will give. And raise your goal when you reach it to help as many people as possible!
Social Media Toolkit
- Graphics and copy to post on your social channels to help you reach your fundraising goal. View Social Toolkit
Follow these Tips
- Ask. Ask. Ask Again. Most people need to be asked 3 times - or see your fundraiser 3 times - before they donate. The closer you are to your goal, the more inclined people are to get you across the finish line.
- Thank your donors. This one is super important. Don't skip it. If you are fundraising on social, thank your donors between sharing your fundraiser to break up the asks.
- Make it personal. Your friends and family are most likely to donate to your fundraiser because they want to support you and a cause you care about. So share why you chose to fundraise for Project Bread and the difference it will make.
Creative Fundraising Ideas
Thank you so much for helping families facing food insecurity this holiday season and for supporting Project Bread.
Need Help? Please reach out to Matt at Matthew_Delson@projectbread.org who is ready to support in you reaching your fundraising goal!
Are you a corporate team interested in finding out more about ways to fight hunger? Please reach out to Alanna at Alanna_Woodlock@projectbread.org to find out more.