Your Fundraising Makes A Difference
- Every dollar you raise helps get food to kids and families during this pandemic.
- You are giving people struggling to make ends meet a place to call and connect with financial resources to buy their own food and to locate no-cost food in their neighborhood.
- Read about your impact supporting Massachusetts during the pandemic in our 2020 Annual Report.
Your fundraising for The Walk for Hunger supports Project Bread's COVID-19 hunger relief work in Massachusetts, positively impacting hundreds of thousands of our neighbors in need!
You Are Feeding Kids in Need of Food
You are raising money to ensure children in Massachusetts have enough food all year long through school and summer meal programs, during the pandemic and beyond.
- Project Bread partnered with the Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education and 251 sponsors to support 800 meal sites across the state.
- In May 2020, more than 5 million meals were served to students throughout the month.
- Anyone under 18 can visit one of these pick-up and drop-off spots at partner schools, churches, libraries, and health and human service organizations statewide and receive a meal at no charge.
You are helping to make sure we can continue to feed as many kids as possible during this crisis!
You Are Feeding Families, the Elderly, and Individuals in Need of Food
You are raising money to ensure anyone facing hunger or needing food assistance in Massachusetts can receive compassionate and comprehensive help locating food resources by calling Project Bread's toll-free FoodSource Hotline.
- Since the beginning of the pandemic, Project Bread counselors have responded to more than 39,000 calls from food insecure families and individuals from across the Commonwealth.
- Counselors can assist callers in more than 180 languages.
- The Hotline serves as the resource recommended by the Department for Transitional Assistance and the Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education for residents seeking help with food access in the wake of COVID-19.
You are helping make sure as many people as possible can continue to get assistance finding food resources during this crisis!
You Are Solving Hunger Through Advocacy
You are raising money to ensure advocacy for policies that provide sustainable, scalable solutions to permanently move the needle on ending hunger.
- Project Bread works with legislators and other elected officials as well as in partnership with government agencies.
- Project Bread, in partnership with the Department of Transitional Assistance, is working to increase access to and participation in federal nutrition programs, including SNAP and Pandemic EBT cards.
- Project Bread is an active member of the Task Force on Coronavirus and Equity, advocating for state legislative and administrative policies aimed at reducing the disproportionate impact of the COVID-19 crisis on vulnerable populations, such as low-wage workers, immigrants, non-English speakers, people who are housing insecure or experiencing homelessness, people with disabilities, people who are food insecure, and people who are incarcerated.
You are helping make sure new policies are put in place so that everyone in Massachusetts has enough to eat!
Thank you for making a difference!