Boston SNAP (Food Stamp) Enrollment Coordinator
The SNAP Enrollment Coordinator will work to increase participation in SNAP (formally known as The Food Stamp Program) by screening clients for eligibility and helping them with the application process using the state’s online application tool, the Virtual Gateway. S/he reports directly to Project Bread’s Director of Community Outreach.
This is a temporary position (January 2014- December 2014)
- Provide SNAP eligibility screening, application assistance and follow-up to residents in communities in a variety of settings included but not limited to health clinics, food pantries, supermarkets, and public housing.
- Liaise with the Department of Transitional Assistance to ensure clients are enrolled in SNAP.
- Promote SNAP and other federal nutrition programs to clients.
- Promote usage of Project Bread’s FoodSource Hotline and food stamp website.
- Prepare monthly SNAP application assistance reports.
- Perform other related tasks as needed.
- Fluency in written and spoken Spanish
- Must have own transportation
Organizational responsibilities and/or secondary responsibilities
Take part in Project Bread activities related to The Walk for Hunger including working the weekend of The Walk for Hunger and the morning of The Walk for Hunger Kick-off Breakfast.
Ideal candidate has a BA; strong interpersonal, organizational, written, oral communication skills; attention to detail; proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel, and the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.