Development Database Assistant
This position reports to the Development Database Manager, supports the fundraising of the organization and is responsible for Data Office tasks.
- Implement daily gift processing systems by participating in the daily mail opening procedure.
- Enter gifts from donors, including:
- Front Desk Batch gift entry
- Lockbox Batch gift entry
- Credit Card Batch gift entry
- Process acknowledgment letters in a timely fashion.
- Process credit card donations weekly or more frequently as needed.
- Resolve registrations in the Luminate Online database.
- Manage returned mail (including checks) and address updates in The Raiser’s Edge.
- Process memorial and tribute cards.
- Manage Data Office filing system and storage.
- Handle donor-related data and gift inquiries and resolving questions or issues via phone and email.
- Maintain database records and data integrity in Raiser’s Edge by running queries, researching and updating constituent records.
- Assist with all database projects including centralizing all fundraising data; researching, tracking and deleting duplicates; and other data related projects as needed.
- Manage in-kind documentation and solicitation as needed.
- Provide administrative support to the Development Database Manager as needed.
- Participate in fundraising campaigns, providing support as needed with coordination of mailings, phonathon support, Walk for Hunger fulfillment, etc.
- Participate in Development Department staff meetings.
- Participate in special projects as needed, including occasionally being required to work outside of regular office hours.
Organizational responsibilities and/or secondary responsibilities
- Participate in planning and evaluating the annual Walk for Hunger, including working as event staff the weekend of the Walk, and attending pre-Walk events as assigned.
- Participate in the annual Funded Agency site visit program as assigned.
- Participate in organization-wide events and meetings as assigned.
Qualifications / Experience / Attributes
- BA or equivalent experience required.
- Intermediate level computer skills, experience with Excel, Word, and Outlook preferred.
- Must demonstrate great attention to detail, as well as efficient and accurate previous data entry experience.
- Interest in data management.
- Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment while being flexible and detail-oriented.
- Must be able to work efficiently on several projects simultaneously and prioritize deadlines.
- Excellent writing and communications skills required.
- Raiser’s Edge and Luminate Online (or equivalent online CRM) experience a plus.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.